Ryan Murtagh is the founder and CEO of leading retail management platform, Neto.
Established in 2009, today Neto is a complete solution for retail that allows retailers and wholesalers to sell everywhere (Point-of-Sale, webstore, and marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay) and manage all of their back of house operations (payment gateways, shipping/freight, inventory, accounting, CRM and advanced data analytics).
Thousands of retailers across the world use the platform to sell their wares and cumulatively have turned over more than $3 billion in sales. Neto experienced steady growth until 2015, at which time Telstra invested in the company, and Neto has been rapidly expanding since.
Ryan started his journey as an Australian multi-channel retailer, importing and distributing products on eBay, a webstore and a bricks and mortar location, establishing Neto after identifying the pain points of running a retail business.
With a great product and over 130 passionate people working at Neto offices in Australia, New Zealand, and Asia, Ryan is inspired by coming into work each day and is excited to see where this next phase will take the company.
Key Take Aways:
During this podcast Ryan shares:
- His history as a serial entrepreneur across multiple businesses which started with his school tuckshop.
- How a guy without formal computer science education built one of Australia’s leading technology businesses.
- What he learnt as a pioneer in the e-commerce industry.
- Why subscription based revenue changed his business and his life.
- The pros and cons of accepting investment from corporate venture capital firms, and
- The challenges of managing a large team in a rapidly growing technology start-up.